Legal or Medical Training Guides with Linguistic Resources
While the Guides were created for the benefit of an aspiring interpreter, they cover extensive ground, and are therefore also vital for any practicing interpreter:
• The role of a legal or healthcare interpreter
• Code of Ethics
• In-depth look at the legal or healthcare systems and concepts
• Interpreter’s responsibilities before, during and after the assignment
• Important cultural issues professional interpreters should be aware of and familiar with
• Modes of interpreting (CI, SI and ST) and skill-building exercises
• Ways to cope with physical exhaustion
• Various resources for independent study, and much more
The second part of each Guide is language-specific and offers extensive glossary of terms, frequently used phrases and questions, list of abbreviations (Medical only) and proverbs. It is currently available in the following languages: Arabic (Legal only), Bosnian, Croatian, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, and Spanish .
Legal or Medical Linguistic Resources (glossaries) also can be purchased separately.
The Training Guides and Linguistic Resources are available in a printed form as a book or as a PDF file on a CD.
Legal or Medical Training Guides with Linguistic Resources: $144.99
Legal or Medical Linguistic Resources: $54.99
Shipping takes 2-7 business days and is included in the price. Discounts are available for volume purchases. Please contact our office with any questions at: (313) 871-0080